I’ve been doing homework in Catalan. The exercise is very simple: match between the sentences and the pictures.
- a. Good! Now I have an apartment. It is not very big, but for me it is good now.
- b. How amazing!
- c. Damn! No hot water again!
- d. What a success! It’s the second time that I win (the lottery).
- e. Greetings! (literally: In good hour!)
- f. Congratulations! He’s very beautiful and looks like the father.
- g. Such a shame! Just two minutes!
The exercise sheet was lying on my table. I solved some other exercises, and the picture was in front of my eyes for many minutes. Then suddenly i noticed that something is not so usual there. Click to enlarge:
This must be one of the cutest and most touching things i have ever seen.
I thought about writing a philosophical social commentary on it, but i won’t.
Ús raonable. Dibuix de “Veus – Curs de català – Llibre d’exercisis i gramàtica”. Autors: Marta Mas Parts i Albert Villagrosa Grandia. Il·lustraciò: Linhart i Javier Olivares. Publicacions de l’Abadia de Montserrat, juny de 2007.